Breckenridge Creative Arts is pleased to announce the return of WAVE: Light + Water + Sound, a free four-day festival that takes place in and around Blue River Plaza in heart of downtown Breckenridge, transforming the river, bridges and waterfront areas into canvases, stages and exhibition spaces. WAVE features interactive artworks curated around the themes of light, water and sound, and offers a variety of temporary installations, musical performances, screenings, digital art and eye candy of all sizes for the whole family to experience.
Set amid the backdrop of the Tenmile Range in one of Colorado’s most historic and scenic mountain towns, WAVE runs from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm each day and features dazzling, innovative artworks by local, national and international artists, including:
- ICEBERG by ATOMIC3 and APPAREIL Architecture (Montreal, Canada)
- LIGHT MATTERS by ACT Lighting Design (Brussels, Belgium)
- LOOP by Ekumen (Montreal, Canada)
- LES VOYAGEURS and LES OISEAUX by Cédric Le Borgne (Toulouse, France)
- CLOUD by Caitlind r.c. Brown and Wayne Garrett (Calgary, Canada)
- TENSION and INTERMITTENT POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT by Scott Young (Denver, Colorado). Art revelers can also enjoy a variety of pop-up performances, artist talks, workshops and late-night experiments.