Did you know that The Lodge at Breckenridge welcomes your four-legged friends with open arms? That’s right! We are more than happy to accommodate dogs during your stay at the Lodge. Traveling with man’s best friend isn’t always easy and if it’s your first time, you may not know how to approach it, so, we have compiled a list of tips for you to make traveling with your dog stress-free and easy!
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when planning your trip to The Lodge at Breckenridge:
- Be sure your pet’s health is in good condition and think about checking in with your veterinarian before setting out on a vacation. Once you have the go-ahead, be sure to bring his or her shot records with you – they are required for flying!
- Make sure your dog is comfortable in small spaces and have a traveling crate that fits them comfortably when standing, sitting, and laying down.
- Don’t forget a supply of your dog’s usual food! It can be stressful on pets that travel and a good way to minimize this is by bringing along items they are comfortable with like food, toys, and bowls from home.
- Make sure your dog’s leash and collar are sturdy and in tip-top condition so when the time comes, you can adventure Breckenridge together comfortably!
- If you haven’t already, consider getting a microchip for your pal so they can be identified and returned to you in case of any emergency.
- Keep your pouch from pouting! The last thing you want is for your best friend to get bored so be sure to bring their favorite toy (or toys!) to keep them busy and happy.
- Keep Calm and Travel On! Your dog will respond to the energy you give off, so try to remain as easy mannered and energized throughout the entire travel process as possible.
- Be sure to check out our website to see what areas are designated as dog-friendly at the lodge to avoid any confusion, and to allow a comfortable and enjoyable visit for you, your furry friend, and all other guests.
We hope these tips have been helpful to you and we can’t wait to meet you and your canine companion. Check out our dog policy on our website where you can find more information about dogs at the Lodge!
The gallery was not found!